Tuesday, February 19, 2013

miracle food quinoa




I thought today I could share some healthy food information with you and decided to present to you: QUINOA :D
Quinoa looks and tastes like a grain, but actually belongs to the same plant family like spinach and beetroot. It is really rich in minerals, contains all nine essential amino acids and a whole lot of protein. Plus, it's gluten-free! So all you vegans, vegetarians and allergic people out there, go get some quinoa :D
Of course every "normal-eating" person is allowed to try this too since you can only benefit from it.
Quinoa also contains a great deal of vitamins, calcium and iron and pushes your energy.
If you caught interest in this you can check online for some more information than I can give you here.
This food can be used and prepared in a bunch of ways. I haven't tried much with it yet but there are so many possibilities! You can just throw it in whatever you want because quinoa doesn't have any strong or striking taste. I like to put it in my soup or stew or add it to the rice I'm cooking anyways. 



    You can make little balls with it and fry them.

 
   Or you could try a nice risotto or simply add it to your salad :)





Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment