- 1.5l hot/boiling water
- a thumbsized piece of ginger
- the juice of half a lemon or honey (or both ;) )
what you do:
- peel your ginger; now I like to put mine on a toothpick and let it sit like that, other people like to chop it up, it's up to you!
- mix lemon juice and hot water, add to your ginger
- add honey if you want to
- you don't have to use lemon AND honey, the tea tastes really good just using one of them too
- you can re-use your one piece of ginger a couple times!
Ginger tea has a lot of benefits, I'm only going to name a few of them here. First of all, it stimulates the blood flow, which warms you up from the inside and helps protect you from getting a cold. Furthermore, it facilitates the digestion, detoxicates and rejuvenates.
It's the most effective when you feel nauseous, have a cold, stomach pain, flatulences, or need help losing weight.